using a Logitech Bus Mouse with SCO 2.3.1

Jim O'Connor jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Thu Apr 13 08:17:45 AEST 1989

In article <528 at tiamat.fsc.com>, jim at tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
   [ stuff about not being able to get a Logitech bus mouse to work ]

> Now, I'm really concerned, cause it's only in VP/ix that I really want to use
> the mouse anyway.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can proabably trade the Bus mouse
> back in for a Serial mouse, but I'd like to be able to use the Bus mouse
> (and not tie up a serial port), especially since the docs say you can.

I received the same suggestion from two sources on how to get my mouse
going.  Thanks to root at radier (Bob Reineri) and jbayer at ispi (John Bayer).
The set up goes like this:

1) use all SCO utilities to install mouse
2) boot DOS
3) run a program to use the mouse (such as the INSTALL program that comes
   with the mouse)
4) warm-boot Xenix (i.e. hit Cntl-Alt-Del)
5) Xenix should now show a mouse device during the boot messages

If the power goes off, or you need to do a cold-boot (i.e. push reset button),
repeat steps 2 - 5.

This is still only a partial solution.  Hopefully, a more robust solution
will be forthcoming.  SCO has received my e-mail and is working on it.
James B. O'Connor			jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences Corporation		615/821-4022 x. 651

*** Altos users unite! mail to "info-altos-request at tiamat.fsc.com" ***