SCO Support Problem and Problem for SCO Support

Robert B Carroll conan at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Sun Apr 9 12:06:26 AEST 1989

In article <208 at berner.UUCP> brian at berner.UUCP (Brian A. Jarvis) writes:
 ....stuff deleted about SCO support....

SCO is pretty lacking in customer support. I took them 2 weeks to get
my problem(a bug in their software that i told them about) to get my
problem fixed and then the wanted me to mail them an example
of my code. Here is the sequence:

*) i find problem with there software library routine(s)
*) i call sco: "So what's the deal with this???"
   (did i mention being put on hold for 15 minutes)
*) i get the usual we will call you tomm. at X time
*) i get a call saying we have to reschedule to time Y
*) they call at time Y and get all the grief on the problem
*) they say they will check out the problem and get back to me
   they give me my 'special' serialized problem #
*) i don't here anything for a week
*) i call back and ask about what's going on and they say
   "what's yer problem #"
*) i give them the # and they said they don't have any such 'file'
   to look into the problem, so i spend an hr going through the same crap.
*) they call me the next day and say what's the problem?
*) i explain to them the problem and they say try this?
   i'm standing at the terminal and i know that 'their' solutions aren't
   going to work(i tried them before they even mentioned them), but i try
   them anyway and tell the girl none of them work. Then they ask for me
   to send them example code.
*) so i send the code(yeah, i'm sure the mail from east coast to west coast
   is real speedy, like i havn't blown off enough development time already!)
*) i still here nothing for 5 more business days so i put in another call
*) they will call me the next day with the solution to 'their' software problem

I wish they would get their act together. the customer support
REALLY SUCKS!

--
conan at vax1.acs.udel.edu
CONAN THE BARBARIAN