Weird File Names (Removing them)

Bob Reineri root at raider.MFEE.TN.US
Sun Feb 19 06:03:01 AEST 1989

I run a public access site, and have some users that are fairly new to the
Uni* world (myself included). It takes my users a while to get used to the
environment, and often they press many wrong keystrokes before getting the
hang of things.

One of them has a file in his home directory that I can't get rid of to save
my life. In a regular 'l' listing, it has a filename of the greek letter
Sigma. Doing an l with the -b option reveals a value of '/744'. Anyone can
give me a way to delete this annoying little file ? Thanks.

rm refuses to recognize it, even if I just try to delete all files interactively. That is, 'rm -i *' skips over it.

Bob
--
*RaiderNet Public Access, Murfreesboro, TN.  -  Middle Tenn's Unix GateWay*
*Phone: (615)896-8716/(615)896-7905 Mail: BOX 2371, Murfreesboro, TN 37133*