Bad Hertz Value

Admin root at tscs.UUCP
Tue Feb 21 14:30:08 AEST 1989

In article <345 at belltec.UUCP> jom at belltec.UUCP (Jerry Merlaine) writes:
>In XENIX/386 2.2 and 2.3, when we run the Streamlined Networks TCP/IP
>rsh and rcp programs, this string appears after a successful run:
>
>	Bad Hertz Value

We are running SCO TCP/IP and have not noticed this message when using any
of the r* commands.  However, if you use the command "su - username",
Xenix prints out the "Bad Hertz Value" message everytime a command is
executed.  I noticed that "HZ" is not defined in this case, normally
HZ is set to 50 on our machine running Xenix 386 2.3.1.  You might try
something like the following as the very first executable statements in
the following files:

in /etc/cshrc and $HOME/.cshrc (for each user using r* commands):
if ($?HZ != 1) then
	setenv HZ 50
endif

in /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile (for each user using r* commands):
then
	HZ=50
	export HZ
fi

If you don't use "su - username" you should only need the
$HOME/.{cshrc,profile} additions.

Good Luck, Steve