Computone grumbling

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Sun Jun 18 10:34:14 AEST 1989

In article <122 at jassys.UUCP> tony at jassys.UUCP (Tony Holden) writes:
>As we all know SCO as upgraded to 2.3.  I have a client that I advised
>to upgrade due to problems with a Five-star '386 on 2.2.
>Here we have a board that's workin great.  No complaints.  Just sits
>there and does it's job.
>All I want is to be able to use this board with 2.3.  I don't want a
>$150 upgrade and a week worth of downtime.  But instead I'm forced
>into something that I don't want.  BTW, this machine was 1yr old in Feb
>of this year.
>Never again will I consider a Computone product.

1. It is YOUR job to ensure a peaceful migration from one version
   to another.  (Including all boards...)
2. Hardware many times needs to be changed to reflect new features
   and updates in software.  This is NOT a Computone specific issue.
3. If you were using an Atvantage board, you were not using the "latest"
   board to start with.
Computone provides an excellent product, and like ANY vendor, is bound
to do something that someone will not like.
But BEFORE you flame a vendor (apparently to thwart anyone else from
using a very good product), and generally post a message that "Yes,
I didn't do my job, now someone else has to be the scape goat" give
some consideration to its impact to others.
If you are now unhappy because you had a $150 upgrade that you didn't
tell you client, so be it.  And if you don't want to use CompuTone
anymore, so be it.
But don't give everyone the impression that they are a bad company!!
We are not affiliated with CompuTone (but do install them, over 20 at  this
time)......
Put your mind in gear, before you mouth...

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..