Xenix/286 UUXQT/L.cmds problem

Ross Oliver rosso at sco.COM
Sat Mar 11 18:44:01 AEST 1989

In article <1125 at tessera.UUCP> jtc at tessera.UUCP (J.T. Conklin) writes:

>System	: SCO Xenix/286 2.2.1
>Bug	: PATH in uuxqt is hardcoded to /bin:/usr/bin

This was fixed in 2.3.  HDB uuxqt now (correctly) allows full path names
to be given for commands.  I believe the default path, however, is
still hardcoded to /bin and /usr/bin.

>Although I got news running by copying rnews to /usr/bin/rnews, I would
>like to know if SCO is planning a HDB UUCP upgrade for '286 machines?

Yes, we are currently working on a Support Level Supplement to
provide HDB UUCP for XENIX 286 users.  We have it running internally
on a couple of 286 machines.  We should have a distribution built
in a couple of weeks.

Ross Oliver
Techical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation