Where to get docs for uucp installation

2301 pete at ittg.UUCP
Fri Mar 24 22:28:54 AEST 1989

In article <JEFFB.89Mar23142814 at grace.cs.washington.edu> jeffb at grace.cs.washington.edu (Jeff Bowden) writes:
>I am trying to set up a uucp node.  I have someone who is willing to give me
>a feed provided he doesn't have to do any actual work (i.e. I must give him
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Highly unlikely, that he will not /

>explicit instructions for what needs to be done).  The connection is to
>be via modem, probably passing through a micom switch.
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
     My recommendation will not cover /

>The problem is that the only docs for uucp that came with then 6000 dev. kit
>are the man pages for uucp, uux, etc...  Does anyone know where I can
>buy/read/ftp docs on installing uucp?

I have found an excellant book that gives specifics on HDB and standard
uucp connections, files, and quirks.  I refer to it constantly.  I
purchased it from:

Uni-Ops Books
195 Mountain View Road
Boonville, Cal  95415-0650
(707) 895-2050

The Book is:

UNIX Communications
Bart Anderson, Bryan Costales, & Harry Henderson
I see a list price in an old catalog of
$26.95

Good Luck,