Xenix login source

Frank I. Reiter frank at rsoft.UUCP
Wed Mar 1 01:15:50 AEST 1989

In article <168 at biar.UUCP> trebor at biar.UUCP (Robert J Woodhead) writes:
>I want to spoof the login procedure,
>log into a specific account, and start running my program.

What we do at MIND LINK! is leave those ports disabled and run our own version
of init which spawns our own version of getty.  This custom getty would run
your program rather than running login.

In our case the program run by the  getty lookalike is our Bulletin Board
Software.  If you've played with fork(), exec, and ioctl() then you shouldn't
find any of this difficult.