SCO Unix 3.2 <-?-> comp.unix.xenix

Fred Rump from home fr at icdi10.UUCP
Tue May 30 04:16:40 AEST 1989

In article <2022 at egvideo.UUCP> edhew at egvideo.UUCP (Ed Hew) writes:
>In article <18698 at cup.portal.com> Dion_L_Johnson at cup.portal.com writes:
>>>What's to become of this newsgroup when SCO xenix becomes SCO
>>>unix?
>>XENIX will be around for a while (especially for 286 machines)
>
>It's quite likely that SCO Xenix will be around (286/386) for quite a
>while.
>On the other hand, SCO UNIX appears to be directed towards sites which
>require AT&T based UNIX, full binary portability, C2 level audit security,
>We have two very good products here, but they're directed towards different
>markets ("authorized comments" are welcome).

This does not check with the facts as I know them.
My assumption is that the 286 Xenix version will stay but that on the 386
side it will simply go away and turn into SCO UNIX 386.

Am I wrong? I don't think SCO will support two 386 Unixes. I wouldn't.

Fred Rump

--
This is my house. My castle will get started right after I finish with news.
26 Warren St.                          ...{dsinc bpa uunet}!cdin-1!icdi10!fr