SCO Xenix, fork - "too many files"?

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Sat Nov 18 11:08:45 AEST 1989

We are running SCO Xenix 2.2 on the 286.
I am running an application that initializes itself and then
starts a number of others in the following manner:
    attach to shared memory seg 1
    attach to shared memory seg 2
    for 10 processes
        switch fork
            child
                open window device for stdio
                exec application to run
On the second process started, the fork fails with the error "too many files".
Configure says these are set:
NINODE=200, NFILE=200, NMOUNT=1, NFLOCKS=1, NPROC=60, MAXUPRC=30, NTEXT=60
I can't figure out which parameter is associated with with max files
open per user process (if there is one). If anyone knows what I'm doing
wrong please let me know. This is the only process I'm running and there
are maybe 10 other processes running.
thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin