File Compression Utilities wanted

Jeff Mo vemis at pnet51.orb.mn.org
Fri Sep 15 23:25:06 AEST 1989

rocchi at ziebmef.mef.org (Paul Rocchi) writes:

>Does anybody out there have the name (or source) for a good UNIX/XENIX file
>compression utility?  One known to work harmelessly with Informix database
>files would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance.

SCO Xenix 2.3 386 has a compress program that works _very_ well
(lots of compression), which we have used for all types of files,
including Informix and executables.  We often will compress, send
to a customer's remote site via uucp and then uncompress.  Sum
always matches.

Jeff Mo, Vision-Ease MIS department, Optifacts division.  St. Cloud, MN, USA

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!vemis
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!vemis at nosc.mil
INET: vemis at pnet51.cts.com