Computone + modem = ?

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Mon Sep 11 03:13:26 AEST 1989

In article <120 at nstar.UUCP> root at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:

>I bought the board and also have been having problems.  Friday
>I received a new set of firmware and 4.40 drivers which seem to have
>corrected most of the problems - except from time to time after
>using a port for an outbound call, the port will no longer accept
>incoming calls.  I just got done adding:
>  diasable ttym01
>  sleep 2
>  enable ttym01
>in my calling scripts after the poll is completed and hopefully this
>will solve my problems

I remember having this problem on one site with the Computone boards and the
only thing that would cure it was to poweroff.

Now - here is the question.  I was told that the 8250s can get into a state
and that the reset command issued to them won't work, and the only way to cure
that is to remove power.  Is this true, or is it hogwash.  I do know that when
I did have the problem, a reboot without turning the power off did NOT cure
it.

We were running with older firmware, and have not purchased any Computone
boards in the past 18 months.  Do the new boards/firmware solve this problem?

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!tarpit!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP