Two HD controllers (Was: Re: Xenix device drivers under Unix)

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Thu Sep 21 14:02:38 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep20.002029.29212 at ddsw1.MCS.COM>, karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

> All WD1006s can change the controller address, IF they have the jumpers.
> All have the pads; feature 3 boards are missing the pins!  If you get a
> feature 5 board it has all the pins you need.... but still requires some
> hacking to change the IRQ line.

All WD-1006s?  I have two WD-1006-WAH and 4 extra Miniscribe 71 Meg MFM's
sitting around and my home system suffers from only 140 meg of storage.
Can I pop the other 1006 in and add two other drives?  If I have to cut
a trace or two, I need some detailed instructions since I have no manuals
for the controllers.

> Turn off the BIOS on the secondary board (install W2 if on a WD1006VSR2,
> other 1006s are similar).

Does this apply with the WAH controllers?  Also, I never heard of the
WD1006VSR2 controllers.  What is the difference between 1006WAH, and 1006VSR2?

--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
                                 markd at adelphi.UUCP  or  mark at promark.UUCP