tape drive formats

John Boteler bote at csense.UUCP
Thu Sep 21 03:07:05 AEST 1989

>From article <114 at csnz.co.nz>, by paul at csnz.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater):
> Hi,
> in a low density drive, so we tried a standard DC600A.  The FM says that
> ordinary DC600's can be used, but they're formatted in double density,
> to achieve 120 Mb capacity.  Does anyone know a way of forcing tar or

While your brains are on the subject, just what is the difference
between the 600, 600XL and 600A tapes?

I understand that they each provide a different capacity, but since
the SCO system I have seen operate on them does not format them,
what is the determining factor? Is there a rule of thumb (you
know, like a standard :)

--
Bote
Old & Improved path!: uunet!comsea!csense!bote