pseudo ttys from diSCOver and Computone

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Sat Feb 3 01:36:19 AEST 1990

As many will recall in diSCOver a while back there was an article "Tricks
of the mscreen Masters".  In this article they talked about how to create
three terminals using pseudo devices if you have a Wyse-60 terminal and
put it in econo-80 mode.  By putting it in econo-80 mode, enough ram was
left over to impliment a third page of ram needed to retain the third
screen contents/attributes and cursor location.

Here is the problem: I have 2 Computone 8 port Atvantage boards and one
Intelliport 8 port board.  The problem is that after I do an "mscreen -3",
the screen clears and the terminal just sits there and blinks.  Only a reboot
clears it.  This leads me to believe that we have a driver conflict here.
Computone uses devices ttyi## and ttyx## for screens one and two, ttym##
if the device requires modem control, and ttyp## for buffered transparent
printing to the aux port of the tty.  mscreen tries to use devices /dev/ttyp*
for its pseudo ttys.

Anyone out there have mscreen working in a similar arrangement?

Thanks

--
Mark J. DeFilippis
SA @ Department of Mathematics and Computer Science