tape drives

Richard Goerwitz goer at sophist.uucp
Sat Jan 13 18:34:24 AEST 1990

In article <5815 at ozdaltx.UUCP> root at ozdaltx.UUCP (root) writes:
>We're considering adding a tape drive to the system....  I have
>heard Mountain and Colorado mentioned....
       ^^^^^^^^
Xenix 386 2.3.1 could be made to recognize a Mountain TD4000
type backup unit with a support level supplement; 2.3.2 includes a
driver.  BUT NOTE WELL:  If you are using a dual floppy system,
you can't daisy chain the backup unit off the alternate drive
the way you can under MS-DOS.  Mountain tape backup units are
nice, easy-to-install units for DOS, but the company isn't in-
terested in supporting Xenix.  Unless SCO itself has updated
the driver, you'll have to forget about that "b:" drive.

   -Richard L. Goerwitz              goer%sophist at uchicago.bitnet
   goer at sophist.uchicago.edu         rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer