Computone board for dial in/out modem - anybody make it work

Frank I. Reiter frank at rsoft.bc.ca
Sun Jan 14 04:27:57 AEST 1990

In article <827 at bbm.UUCP> aaron at bbm.UUCP (Aaron Burns) writes:

>We had to take our modems off the Computone and onto a dumb serial port,
>where they worked fine as in/out lines.
>[...]
>free firmware/software upgrades shows that Computone is trying.

Sure - they've been "Trying" for years.  I had problems with modem control
on computone boards and struggled with their tech support for weeks before
they admitted things weren't working so well.  This happened about two years
ago.

Arnet products seem to work well for me. (I'm just a happy customer)