Text formatting utility (MAN pages) for XENIX.

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Sun Jun 3 11:16:02 AEST 1990

NU013809 at NDSUVM1.BITNET (Greg Wettstein) writes:
>What does everyone else using XENIX use for these?  The whole end of my disk
>is loaded with XENIX documentation but I have probably missed the command that
>is available for deciphering these.  If I have not what is available out there
>to do the formatting?  I have FTP and UUCP access so I can grab things from
>pretty much anywhere.  I follow the group aggressively so comments either here
>or by e-mail would work.  I would like to offer thanks in advance for any
>information which may be forthcoming.

What most of us use who can afford it is the SCO Xenix Text Processing system.
I have heard of some people taking other implementations of nroff and
compiling their own TP system, but  there is an SCO supported product that has
nroff and all of the goodies you need.

If you've bought Xenix in pieces, then it's understandble why you don't have
the TP system.  If you bought Xenix complete, you should have two disks that
have the TP system, it's just that whomever installed them neglected to
the TP system.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | Small memory model only for
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | Unix?  Get the (*bleep*) out
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | of here!
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca