any one use the exclan(sp)

Fred Fierling fff at mplex.UUCP
Sat Mar 17 15:29:38 AEST 1990

In article <248 at pride386.UUCP>, terry at pride386.UUCP (Terry Lyons) writes:
> is ANYONE using the exclan(sp) setup that sco pushes as xenix net?
> would like to create a distributed file system (with 2+ computers)

We use Xenix Net with Excelan hardware between a 286 and a 386.  It works as
advertised, but doesn't break LAN performance records.  We find it a bit shaky
when one machine shuts down but that could easily be fixed in the latest
release.  I would suggest you look into NFS though, if I understand correctly
it's much more versatile.
--
Fred Fierling   uunet!van-bc!mplex!fff    Tel: 604 875-1461  Fax: 604 875-9029
Microplex Systems Ltd   265 East 1st Avenue   Vancouver, BC   V5T 1A7,  Canada