any one use the exclan(sp)

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Tue Mar 20 10:49:35 AEST 1990

terry at pride386.UUCP (Terry Lyons) writes:

>Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions
>is ANYONE using the exclan(sp) setup that sco pushes as xenix net?
>would like to create a distributed file system (with 2+ computers)
>I am using sco xenix 2.3.0
>I have gotten some suggestions as to changing to AT&T's, if I must I must but
>would like to stay with pc clones (386 486 286 )
>if no one answers this time I guess I'll have to take the sales dept's word
>for it ( last time I did that I became the owner of a TRS80 mdl III ).
>opinions PLEASE

We are using SCO XENIX 2.3.2GT with XENIX-NET and Excelan cards and
TCP/IP software.  It works fine.  We've installed and tuned SMAIL 3.x
and do file transfers and have some PC's hooked up and...

No problems that we're aware of.