SCO UNIX & Mylex CPU

Dean Roth deanr at lakesys.lakesys.com
Mon Mar 5 12:21:13 AEST 1990

The problem:
-----------

I have a Mylex 386 25MHz CPU with ESDI disk
and SCO UNIX 3.2.  The OS insists the system
has an Arnet 8 port serial board on COM1 & COM2.
This is no Arnet controller in it, never has been.
I've even removed the serial port board (COM1 & COM2),
but the kernel insists the Arnet boards are there.
This makes COM1 & 2 unuseable, and I really wanted to
get the Trailblazer hooked up today.

I've reread the documents 10 times, pulled out the
serial port hardware, and tried everything else
I can think of.

Given that I am doing this on Sunday,
SCO and Mylex support is unavailable so
I thought I'd give the net a try.

According to SCO's documents, support for Arnet's board
is built into the kernel.  Fine, but why does it think
a board is installed when none is present?

Dean
deanr at lakesys.lakesys.com