SCO UNIX & Mylex CPU

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Mar 5 21:21:43 AEST 1990

In article <1729 at lakesys.lakesys.com>, deanr at lakesys.lakesys.com (Dean Roth) writes:

> According to SCO's documents, support for Arnet's board
> is built into the kernel.  Fine, but why does it think
> a board is installed when none is present?

My guess would be that something is residing at the SCO default
address and interrupt for the Arnet board - and the kernel finds
it at boot time and assumes the board is installed in the box.

--
The Northern Star Public Access Unix Site, Notre Dame, Indiana USA
     uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry    internet: larry at nstar