ESIX vs. SCO Xenix

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Wed Mar 14 13:36:01 AEST 1990

One thing that I have noticed is that there is an NFS product available for
ESIX, but not SCO Xenix.  Judging from what I have read, ESIX is really a Unix
system, not Xenix, and it is no where near as pricy as SCO Unix.

Hell, it's even less than SCO Xenix.  The availability of NFS along with
the price is enough to make me look at SCO and sigh in disbelief.  What is SCO
trying to pull here?  Their Unix product is far from solid and they are
abandoning their best selling product.

Well, SCO, I don't have to tell you what you can do...I'm going to invest in
ESIX, not your Xenix or Unix.  I once had faith in you, but no more.  Maybe
SCO will see the light, but I doubt it.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | My opinions are exactly that,
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | mine.  Bill Gates couldn't buy
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | it, but he could rent it.  :)
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca