array processors and unix

James Matheson jmrm at eng-dsl
Fri Jan 18 00:49:53 AEST 1985

info on array processors running under unix.

We have in the past investigated both FPS and CSPI's product range. Both
primarily support systems running VMS.
It is probably not very difficult to write the device drivers but converting
(even if source were available) the code development tools is potentially
much more time consuming. There are third party products for some
of the FPS machines for unix but there are (were) limitations compared
with the VMS stuff. There does not appear to be any CSPI support/interest
in Unix and they were unwilling to provide source of their code for us to
port despite offers of cofidentiality, feedback etc. We have a CSPI Mini-map
running under RSX which would clearly benefit from Unix!