array processors and unix

chris moore cmoore at amdimage.UUCP
Sat Jan 19 08:44:06 AEST 1985

A word of warning about FPS array processors:

We have an FPS which has been physically installed in our 11/730,
but is not yet running.  Among other problems, FPS will not sign
off the installation (and validate your service contract) until
they have run their installation diagnostics which only run under
VMS.  We had to buy VMS, install it for about a week so FPS could
run their diagnostics, then bring UN*X back up and put VMS on a
shelf where it is gathering dust.  FPS told us that if enough
people bitched about it, they might make a UN*X version of their
diagnostics.  So, if you're interested in array processors, start
bitching to FPS!

--

"You can't get out backwards, you have to go forwards to go back"

 Chris Moore (408) 749-4692
 UUCP: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra}!amdcad!amdimage!cmoore
 ARPA: amdcad!amdimage!cmoore at decwrl.ARPA