rn again - seeing articles more than once

Bill.Stewart.4K435.x0705 wcs at ho95e.UUCP
Sat Jan 4 04:26:42 AEST 1986

In article <1609 at Shasta.ARPA> interran at Shasta.UUCP (John Interrante) writes:
>Anyone else who see articles cross-posted to more than one group more than
>once, i.e., in every group the article's posted to?  I got the impression
>from reading net.announce.newusers that cross-posted articles were supposed
>to be seen only once, but that doesn't happen with rn.  Am I wrong or IS
Unfortunately, that's the way rn works.  If you're willing to give up
rn's better features (killing discussions, for instance), you can
either use vnews (a screen-oriented news reader) or readnews (the old
but reliable dumb-terminal version), both of which only show a cross-
posted article once.  Has anyone hacked rn to to this?
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs