ELXSI System 6400 .... Information needed

John Little jel at portal.UUcp
Thu Jun 19 02:35:21 AEST 1986

In article <1946 at calmasd.CALMA.UUCP>, rfc at calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (Robert Clayton) writes:
> a 10 processor test at Sandia Labs they got 10.1X the power of a single
> processor.

This is an interesting trick. Does anyone have a clue about how they
got a greater than linear speedup?  Was this a cpu benchmark or did
it include i/o?  Can I program my single processor to emulate a
multiprocessor configuration and get increased performance :-) ?

John Little
{sun,atari}!portal!jel